Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oregon111

My grades on positions post Spring Game

QB: C, some good long balls, but too many misses and picks.  Ty looked really bad.  Butters looked accurate, but his arm looks pretty weak.  Nix can do the job when he isn't screwing up. 

O line:  B, the starters already have 2 yrs experience and they are pretty good, but newbies  behind them

WRs:  A, Cota was good surprise.  Thornton is a star.  McGee will be getting the ball in space to eat up yards. 

TEs: B, I think they are pretty good, but a little less than NFL quality.

RBs:  A-/B+,  Whittingham looks like a stud and he looks fast.  Dollars is a tough runner.  Any RB can run through a hole, but  a good one can make his own yards. 

D line interior: B, transfers will be OK

DE/edge:  DJ is a beast, he is an 'A' player.  Others are coming along, but I have to give them a 'C' until I see something better from them in real games. 

Linebackers inside:  A-, so many good ones that those positions will be filled nicely,  A+ if Flowe plays 

CB:  incomplete - too many injuries and new -players

safeties/nickels:  B, some great plays, but some long gains given up   

Overall:  I think this team can be pretty good IF IF IF...  they get consistent QB play,  AND,  if key starters stay healthy

Outlook:   they should win the north,  they have a chance to win the pac12,  beating Ga and/or making the playoffs --  a stretch goal but very little chance of that happening

Predicted regular season record:  9-3 

What will make this year a success?    Winning the North and winning a bowl game

What will make this year a failure?        Being in tight battles with very mediocre teams and flipping a coin on who wins said games - in short, playing down to lesser competition 

Great analysis.

Overall, for a spring game......I am very pleased. These kids have only been working with the new staff for a few months. I expect massive improvement  between now and fall. We also have some new weapons who will loin the team in fall also.

Cannot freaking wait!!!

On 4/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, oregon111 said:

What will make this year a failure?        Being in tight battles with very mediocre teams and flipping a coin on who wins said games - in short, playing down to lesser competition 

YES, YES, YES    The best of the bunch. 

On 4/24/2022 at 9:14 AM, Duckball said:

Great analysis.

Overall, for a spring game......I am very pleased. These kids have only been working with the new staff for a few months. I expect massive improvement  between now and fall. We also have some new weapons who will loin the team in fall also.

Cannot freaking wait!!!

I agree.  Spring Game could not be much better, except for injuries.  Not only a new staff, but quite a few players are playing new positions as well. 

I am pumped for the Georgia game.  These players play hard and will not roll over for the defending champs. 

I also expect some new players to be added via the portal.