Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oregon111

Will you be surprised if A. Brown gets coached up and turns into a good NFL QB? Or even sticks around as a backup?

I would not be surprised at all.  There must be a reason he is signed after playing as poorly as he did last season. 

And look at how J. Herbert blossomed after he got coached up. 

A. Brown had a good highlight film from Boston College.  I was surprised that he played as poorly as he did at Oregon. 

And Ty looked really bad in the Spring Game.  Shough was terrible. 

All these QBs and they all sucked.  I think a lot of it was the QB coaching at Oregon under Cristobal. 

Nix is already developed.  And he came in after Cristobal's staff had left. 

I would be shocked.

Almost anyone can piece together a highlight tape. I suck at golf, but those three or four good shots per round strung out over several years would make me look like Tiger freaking Woods!  🤣

• Haha 1

😂😂😂 For the QB position? In the NFL? Backup QB's barely see playing time unless there is an injury. The NFL is a passing league and he couldn't even complete a 5-yard pass in the flat. He played college football for 6 years and basically didn't improve to any significant degree. Last season he finished ranked #7 in the Pac-12 in Passing and #63 in the nation. "Coaching up" is barely the starting point for AB. Herbert was light years ahead of Brown coming out of college and that's even after he played under 3 different head coaches.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:06 PM, DuckSense said:

😂😂😂 For the QB position? In the NFL? Backup QB's barely see playing time unless there is an injury. The NFL is a passing league and he couldn't even complete a 5-yard pass in the flat. He played college football for 6 years and basically didn't improve to any significant degree. Last season he finished ranked #7 in the Pac-12 in Passing and #63 in the nation. "Coaching up" is barely the starting point for AB. Herbert was light years ahead of Brown coming out of college and that's even after he played under 3 different head coaches.

Totally agree. 

OK, lets see how long he lasts and if he makes it in the Canadian league. 

Brown pass well to a moving target, but he could hit a spot on the field.  Hmmm..   Can that be coached up?

Goal line/short yardage running back, maybe? 

QB seems like a hard NO! (Similar to another Brown QB Wannabe I remember passing through, which int that case was the only consistent passing he accomplished.)