Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oregon111

different topic here -- why play the pac12 baseball tour. in 100 degree heat in Az?

Broiling in the sun like a T-bone steak can't be fun for the players or the fans.   At least they won't have any rain-outs. 

I think Reno, Nevada would be a good central location and also good weather wise for Mem Day weekend. 

I'm a Duck football fan, but I always root for the beavs when they play baseball.  

Maybe they should have heat limits as well as rain limits before playing. Or put up an air conditioned indoor field. - -  I'm liking this already. 

Unless it is a facility issue i.e. is ASU the best equipped stadium-wise to host the Pac-12 Conference Championship?...then you want to minimize the impact weather in this case could have on the outcome. It is why the Big Ten plays its conference football championship game indoors. So 100 degree weather can be a factor.

Otherwise I am all for holding conference championship events at one of the universities in the conference...like Oregon recently hosting the Pac-12 track and field championships...it brings $$$ to the host communities.

In this case, weather aside, I have no idea as to the quality of Pac-12 baseball venues.

I don't know! They are playing the NCAA Golf Championships here in AZ for 6 days women and 6 days men. What's tougher? No dugout in golf. 

Lynn 

On 5/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, Roguefirm said:

I don't know! They are playing the NCAA Golf Championships here in AZ for 6 days women and 6 days men. What's tougher? No dugout in golf. 

Lynn 

I agree, golf is a tough outdoors sport.  No dugout, but they do have the 19th hole to look forward to. 

On 5/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, Roguefirm said:

Lynn 

No running in golf.  Just stand there and swing the club.  

On 6/5/2022 at 8:41 PM, oregon111 said:

No running in golf.  Just stand there and swing the club.  

Not much running in baseball either, to be honest.

Mostly standing around spitting and fondling their junk lol.