Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckSense

Kliavkoff on Pac-12 changes

Posted (edited)

I like leaders who change a losing game and so I embrace what Kliavkoff is doing / thinking.

A key point as he notes is the CFP is remaining at 4 teams until the end of its contract so Kliavkoff  and ultimately the Pac-12 leaders who vote are reacting to that reality.

https://www.oregonlive.com/collegefootball/2022/06/as-pac-12-mulls-future-football-scheduling-commissioner-george-kliavkoff-reiterates-preference-for-8-conference-games-at-least-in-current-college-football-playoff-format.html

Edited by DuckSense

I'm not a big fan of Kliavkoff as he has done some good and missed some opportunities to do better.  His big test will come during the negotiations for the TV contracts. Until then I'll hold off my verdict, however, I will continue to grumble.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, BigDucksFan said:

I'm not a big fan of Kliavkoff as he has done some good and missed some opportunities to do better.  His big test will come during the negotiations for the TV contracts. Until then I'll hold off my verdict, however, I will continue to grumble.

And you were expecting him to do what in his first year on the job since he officially began on July 1, 2021?

In addition to repairing the damage of Larry Scott?

Much of what he deals with involves contracts that simply cannot be changed or cancelled at the snap of the fingers....without penalties.

Each school makes their own non-conference football schedule.

Being the "Commissioner" is not a dictatorial position. In fact, it is the opposite. He is an employee of the 12 schools who hired him.  He has to come up with plans, ideas, goals, etc in which he gets agreement from presidents, chancellors, athletic directors and coaches.

Pretty much the same people who did little to hold Scott accountable for over a decade. 

Well, the one thing that Kliavkoff CAN do something about but hasn't, is to address the incompetent and pathetic Pac-12 officiating situation. Both football and basketball.

Maybe I'm mistaken, and missed any announcements or plan of action, but this should have been priority #1.....on day one.

When is he ever gonna address the elephant in the room?

........because I think officiating has held this conference back as much as any of our other problems.

Low hanging fruit, George.

On 6/12/2022 at 4:40 PM, Duckball said:

........because I think officiating has held this conference back as much as any of our other problems.

Low hanging fruit, George.

Yep, that would have been an easy score for him, but it's like he has blinders on. Nothing like ending a game before it's time and then having to apologize for it the next day. It's hard to forget that one.