Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckSense

Pac-12 should do what now without USC and UCLA?

I am curious what others are thinking now that it appears USC and UCLA are headed to the Big Ten...what should the Pac-12 do?

My first thought is to join forces with the Big 12 in some shape or form. One P5 conference joining another, albeit minus USC, UCLA, Texas and Oklahoma, is better in my opinion than adding Mountain West teams to the Pac-12. Not just for football but all sports.

The former keeps the Pac-12 a legitimate P5 Conference while the latter makes Oregon a mid-major. 

As a side note, IF the Pac-12 adds Mountain West teams; how long will Lanning stick around...with barely a sniff of a chance to make the Playoffs?

On 6/30/2022 at 3:20 PM, DuckSense said:

As a side note, IF the Pac-12 adds Mountain West teams; how long will Lanning stick around...with barely a sniff of a chance to make the Playoffs?

60 seconds less than a minute. 

Do you really think the Big 12 will want to merge with the Pac-12 ??  It would be the best conference of "the losers". With yearly income from TV rights set at $1.85

All this kind of stuff is making me lose interest in Oregon football.  Especially recruiting and NIL.  It seems that college football as we knew it has ended and something else is taking place.  I'll check back in for the Ga game, but all this other stuff is too depressing. 

On 7/4/2022 at 4:29 AM, oregon111 said:

All this kind of stuff is making me lose interest in Oregon football.  Especially recruiting and NIL.  It seems that college football as we knew it has ended and something else is taking place.  I'll check back in for the Ga game, but all this other stuff is too depressing. 

Complete agreement. Tired of money buying everything. There simply is no allegiance anymore. Doesn’t matter where you go to school, but a shirt / team / conference and you’re a fan. Sad. 

The big12 has turned into the old WAC with the teams that they have lost vs the teams they are adding. 

If Oregon and Washington joined the ACC, they would have those big names plus Miami, Fla St, and Clemson - that would be enough to be a super power conference. 

Utah is an up and coming team.  They have been advancing for the last decade or so and they on the doorstep of a playoff birth. 

The rest of the remaining pac12 doesn't have much to offer.  Stanford has been good, but they don't have the rabid fan base that great programs have. Utah has a heck of a fan base. 

USC and UCLA have created a huge mess.  But it is the same kind of mess that the big12 is already in.

Posted (edited)

Except in the final rankings from last season, the B12 had 3 teams ranked in the Top 10... Baylor, Oklahoma State and Oklahoma. As well 3 of the 4 teams set to join the B12 finished in the top 20... Cincinnati, Houston and BYU .

So I wouldn't put the B12 at WAC status just yet. 

If "Oklahoma and Texas are going to the SEC" is the reply...well then as a reminder, the Pac-12 still has 2 more seasons with USC and UCLA.

Edited by DuckSense