Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckSense

Which option do you prefer with a Pac-12 / ACC merger?

Interesting SI article exploring 5 Conference alignment options IF the Pac-12 and ACC merge. I like #5 the best.

I don't know how strong the possibility is of this merger happening but then if you had asked me a month ago if USC and UCLA were leaving the Pac-12 for the B10, I would doubled over laughing.

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/pac-12-acc-merger-possibilities

Option 5:  four 6 team divisions 

More TV markets

More close travel games inside the divisions

More revenue

5 football contenders:  Oregon, Washington, Miami, Fla St, Clemson

This would give Oregon more recruiting status in the southeast and the populated east coast - where a lot of good players come from. 

It is a good mix to compete against the big10 and SEC. 

Only problem:  trying to stop everybody else from going to the big10 and/or the SEC. 

Anything that keeps all 10 remaining conference members together is the best option......for now.

Still think this is the beginning of the end for college football. At least for me it is.

On 7/10/2022 at 8:00 PM, Duckball said:

Still think this is the beginning of the end for college football. 

The "end" could be from the NIL $$$...   but they were saying that free agency would kill pro sports back in the 70s. 

College football is still the best spectator sport ever. 

Maybe sit back and wait is the best option???

Just watch USC go to the big10 and end up with a 500 record for the year and play in some wack-a-doodle "dog food" bowl game in Kentucky, or something like that. 

The Georgia game is less than two months away - that is all that I really care about for now.  A good showing there sets up the Ducks nicely for everything else down the line. 

On 7/11/2022 at 12:56 AM, oregon111 said:

The "end" could be from the NIL $$$...   but they were saying that free agency would kill pro sports back in the 70s. 

The Georgia game is less than two months away - that is all that I really care about for now.

For me, NIL was the beginning of the end, or more realistically the end of the beginning. But I’ll wait and see if more kids like the new 5* QB we just got select based on “school first” rather than money deals.

Too many options tossed around in what might/could/will be west coast football for me to pay much attention right now. Agree on the Georgia game being front and center. I’m both excited and anxious to get the season started.

LET’S GO DUCKS !! 

On 7/11/2022 at 8:03 AM, DurangoDuck said:

For me, NIL was the beginning of the end, or more realistically the end of the beginning. But I’ll wait and see if more kids like the new 5* QB we just got select based on “school first” rather than money deals.

I wonder what will happen with NIL when (not if) some of these kids flame out and don't produce?

I think huge piles of cash will get burned for a couple of years and then fans will not want to pay that out so much anymore.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:56 PM, oregon111 said:

College football is still the best spectator sport ever. 

Maybe sit back and wait is the best option???

Just watch USC go to the big10 and end up with a 500 record for the year and play in some wack-a-doodle "dog food" bowl game in Kentucky, or something like that. 

The Georgia game is less than two months away - that is all that I really care about for now.  A good showing there sets up the Ducks nicely for everything else down the line. 

Here, here.