Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckSense

No deal... apparently... between Pac-12 and B12

I honestly believe a lot of efforts are going on behind the scenes on behalf of the Pac-12 and I think a Pac-12 / B12 merger would have worked had the B12 not already added BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF after losing Texas and Oklahoma.

It just feels like from all these articles the Pac-12(minus USC and UCLA) doesn't have alot of leverage / value when it comes to media rights.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34264518/sources-big-12-pac-12-partner-talks-officially-end

And the Pac-12 sinks even lower. 

Thanks to Larry Scott and all those who kept him in office. And you can also thank the University of Oregon for not raising a flag and speaking out about it, just being a "yes man",  during Scott's reign.

Like it or not, it's the responsibility of every school to raise flags when needed and that need was there for many years. 

On 7/18/2022 at 8:01 PM, DuckSense said:

It just feels like from all these articles the Pac-12(minus USC and UCLA) doesn't have alot of leverage / value when it comes to media rights.

TV markets:  Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver, Phoenix, Bay Area -- those are pretty good media markets.   Something will happen. 

On 7/24/2022 at 12:09 AM, oregon111 said:

TV markets:  Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver, Phoenix, Bay Area -- those are pretty good media markets.   Something will happen. 

Because nothing has happened by now, I think it's doubtful anything will. Looks like the "Oregon Brand" isn't worth as much as many thought it is. Unless, of course Collage Football is not really about Collage Football anymore. 

Maybe the minor league is the only place you can find real Collage sports, as many of us would like it to be, again. Is the Pac going to go the way of the Mountain West, and teams only play on national TV as the visiting team for warm up games of others ??

Sad, very sad. 

Edited by BigDucksFan

On 8/2/2022 at 1:29 AM, BigDucksFan said:

Because nothing has happened by now, I think it's doubtful anything will.

I think it is over for the big10 - at least until we toward the end of the season. 

The Oregon brand is still good - but money is better. 

The rest of the big10 does not want Oregon, Washington, and Stanford kicking their butts and making them lose. 

If the conference became, Ohio St, USC, Oregon - and Penn St, Mich, Mich St, Wisconsin, Iowa all got knocked down, they wouldn't like it. 

As it is, USC will be only one loss for said teams and they will beat up on UCLA, so they have it just the way they like it. 

On 8/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, oregon111 said:

I think it is over for the big10 - at least until we toward the end of the season. 

I guess a lot hinges on ND and what they do 

The Oregon brand is still good - but money is better. 

Yep, you got it. 

The rest of the big10 does not want Oregon, Washington, and Stanford kicking their butts and making them lose.

I really don't think the contenders in the Big-10 are worried about Oregon, Washington, and Stanford kicking their butts. Not in the least. 

As it is, USC will be only one loss for said teams and they will beat up on UCLA, so they have it just the way they like it. 

At least USC will be one of the contenders.